Before you start learning, be sure to download the templates and code that go each with tutorial.
To help you follow along with the tutorials, we provide the full code (both static templates and ExpressionEngine templates) for all screencasts, ebooklets or other tutorials.
Learning ExpressionEngine 2 Screencasts
The coded templates are broken up by episode and downloadable as
zip files. Make sure you also grab the static templates for entire series. They will be needed to build out the Channel University website.
- Static Templates for Channel University sample site
- Episode 1: Configuring the Site
- Episode 2: Enabling Comments and using Embed Templates
- Episode 3: Creating and Using Categories
- Episode 4: Static Pages and the File Manager
- Episode 5: Creating a Contact Form and RSS Feed
- Episode 6: Creating Relationships Between Entries
- Episode 7: Adding Content Outside of the Control Panel
- Episode 8: Enabling Search and Search Results
Be sure to download them all so you can follow along!
MySQL and ExpressionEngine Screencast
Two simple templates and a database dump of our sample web designers database.
The templates will help you as we work with MySQL and ExpressionEngine.
Relationships with Playa Screencast
The courses, faculty and sidebar templates that we use to display the related entries.
PHP for Python Developers
This download is of the images script built at the end of the video.
Building an ExpressionEngine Add-on
Download the code of the sample add-on "Low Likes" so you can follow along with the video.