Before you start learning, be sure to download the templates and code that go each with tutorial.
To help you follow along with the tutorials, we provide the full code (both static templates and ExpressionEngine templates) for all screencasts, ebooklets or other tutorials.
The Happy Cog Way
These downloads are for the Happy Cog Way series of courses. Some assets are not listed here but are in the course package you can download from your Account page.
- HTML Prototyping
- Responsive Web Design
- Fundamentals of HTML5
- Fundamentals of CSS3
- Up and Running with Sass
- Deploying Websites
Getting Started with WordPress
This download is of the complete theme built during the video course.
The download below contains the static HTML/CSS templates, with necessary assets so you can follow along and build the Crafty Records website.
Learning ExpressionEngine 2 Screencasts
The coded templates are broken up by episode and downloadable as
zip files. Make sure you also grab the static templates for entire series. They will be needed to build out the Channel University website.
- Static Templates for Channel University sample site
- Episode 1: Configuring the Site
- Episode 2: Enabling Comments and using Embed Templates
- Episode 3: Creating and Using Categories
- Episode 4: Static Pages and the File Manager
- Episode 5: Creating a Contact Form and RSS Feed
- Episode 6: Creating Relationships Between Entries
- Episode 7: Adding Content Outside of the Control Panel
- Episode 8: Enabling Search and Search Results
Be sure to download them all so you can follow along!
MySQL and ExpressionEngine Screencast
Two simple templates and a database dump of our sample web designers database.
The templates will help you as we work with MySQL and ExpressionEngine.
Relationships with Playa Screencast
The courses, faculty and sidebar templates that we use to display the related entries.
PHP for Python Developers
This download is of the images script built at the end of the video.
Building an ExpressionEngine Add-on
Download the code of the sample add-on "Low Likes" so you can follow along with the video.