Video Course Building an ExpressionEngine Add-on
ExpressionEngine Add-on Developer of the Year* Lodewijk Schutte teaches you how he develops his award-winning plugins, modules and extensions. In more than one hour of video, Low walks you step-by-step through his add-on development process.
Low Schutte has been developing for ExpressionEngine for seven years and now he wants to show you how he plans and code his add-ons. Take a seat next to one of the best and most popular ExpressionEngine add-on developers and learn the best practices of ExpressionEngine add-on development.
This is the clearest, most complete explanation I’ve ever heard regarding add-on development. Low explains methods, classes, parameters, tagdata, and what ExpressionEngine is doing under the hood in a way I wish someone had explained to me years ago.
In this video tutorial Low shows you how to:
- Plan your add-on
- Create the directory structure for your add-on package
- Create a database schema for the add-on
- Create an add-on configuration file
- Create an add-on Update class file (for easy installation, updating, and uninstallation)
- Create an add-on language file
- Create custom EE template tags for your add-on
- Parse ExpressionEngine template tags
- Submit form data to your ExpressionEngine add-on
During the video Low builds a sample add-on called Low Likes, an ExpressionEngine add-on to mimic Facebook likes for members of the site. A member can Like any entry. If Liked, a member can Unlike the entry.
Ready to learn from Low? Add the video to your cart and get learning!
*Chosen by the community and awared by Devot-ee.com’s annual Academ-ee Awards.