Video Course MySQL and ExpressionEngine
You know ExpressionEngine but you want to take the next step and do something custom. This one-hour video is a primer on using MySQL and ExpressionEngine. Learn all of the tools available with ExpressionEngine, like the SQL Manager, Query Module and the CodeIgniter ActiveRecord class.
You’ve probably built several sites using ExpressionEngine. You have all the basics down. But sometimes the available ExpressionEngine tags don’t do what you need. Embrace the power and flexibility of ExpressionEngine by creating custom MySQL queries right in your templates.
This 58 minute screencast will walk you through all of the MySQL tools available in ExpressionEngine.
What You’ll Learn
- The very basics of MySQL
- Explore and access database tables right in the Control Panel
- Test your queries using the SQL Manager
- How to use the Query Module to create custom queries right in your EE templates.
- Simple JOIN queries to connect multiple database tables together.
- Write queries using the CodeIgniter ActiveRecord class and display data in your templates using PHP.